Sunday 31 July 2011

I'm a stranger here myself

The title of this blog has been blatantly stolen from Bill Bryson's novel where he writes about returning to America after living in the UK for 20 years.

I am no Bill Bryson, nor have I been away from home from that long, but still I find myself feeling a bit out of place as I sit here in the house I grew up in.

As my time in London has come to a close, this blog must inevitably end. It started as a means for me to keep in touch with people back home and fill them in on the little and big events that would occur in my life.

It became a place for me to regale my friends with stories of bad dates, fun trips, mishaps and misadventures. I could have written more. I should have written more. Going back and reading some of my old entries brings me back two years and I can clearly picture myself tapping away at this laptop wondering where my life was going to take me next.

If you look at my About Me section, most of what I wrote there more than two years ago still applies. I still am addicted to my blackberry and my books and I still enjoy jotting down many to-do lists.

I may not have found the perfect pair of black heels, but I did run the London Marathon and I probably averaged visiting more than two cities per month, especially in the past couple of months. I've gotten a slightly better at using my DSLR and the last two years have been the happiest I've ever been.

I'm at a loss as to what else to write. I miss London unbearably at the moment. My friends and my life there, it's as if I'm back to square one and I'm trying to claw my way desperately back to a time and place where I was happy. At the same time, I'm excited to carve out this next chapter in my life and move forward into this world they call adulthood.

I may decide to re-enter the blogging world. Already I have ideas of blog posts that I've jotted down on various scraps of paper and notebooks.

Who knows, if this unemployment thing continues, I may have nothing to do but blog. Until then - thank you for reading my adventures the last 2+ years and sharing your comments either on this blog, through facebook or emails. To my London friends, I miss you all dearly and love you even more.

1 comment:

  1. Maybe you can become a professional blogger! I saw blogto is looking for another writer!

    ReplyDelete